Murdoch mysteries. The movies
Before the hit television series Murdoch Mysteries, the same characters appeared in these feature-length adaptations of Maureen Jennings's beloved novels. In gritty 1890s Toronto, Detective William Murdoch uses new forensic techniques to solve the murders of a young chambermaid, a colleague on the force, and a backstreet abortionist. With the help of the beguiling coroner Dr. Julia Ogden, Murdoch sifts through the evidence, looking for even the smallest clue. This isn't always easy for the principled and empathetic detective, especially when his superior, Inspector Brakenreid, is constantly at his heels to close the case quickly. Along the way, Murdoch develops a bittersweet bond with Ettie, a tempting-but-taboo prostitute who acts as a police informant. Featuring guest stars William B. Davis and Helene Joy, these award-winning mysteries follow Murdoch on his quest to restore order and justice to his community and expose the dark side of the Victorian era.
1 available of 3 items
- Criminal investigation -- Ontario -- Toronto -- Drama.
- Forensic sciences -- 19th century -- Drama.
- Forensic sciences -- Ontario -- Toronto -- Drama.
- Murder -- Investigation -- Ontario -- Toronto -- Drama.
- Murdoch, William (Fictitious character) -- Drama.
- Police -- Ontario -- Toronto -- Drama.
- Acorn Media (Firm)
- Coons, Cal, screenwriter.
- DeCarlo, Michael, television director.
- Greig, Jean, screenwriter.
- Hawes, Keeley, 1977- actor.
- ITV Global Entertainment.
- ITV Studios.
- Jennings, Christina, producer.
- Jennings, Maureen.
- L'Ecuyer, John, 1966- television director.
- MacLean, Janet, 1954- screenwriter.
- Meaney, Colm, 1953- actor.
- Outerbridge, Peter, actor.
- RLJ Entertainment.
- Shaftesbury Films.
- Todd, Kim, producer.
- 3 videodiscs (271 minutes) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 inches
- digital optical surround Dolby Digital stereo
- video file DVD video region 1
Target Audience Note: CHVR: NR.
Other Title: Murdoch mysteries (Television program) DVD.
- Originally broadcast on television as made-for-TV movies in 2004.
- Based on the novels by Maureen Jennings.
- Peter Outerbridge, Keeley Hawes, Colm Meaney, William B. Davis, Helene Joy.
- DVD ; widescreen presentation ; Dolby Digital stereo.
- For private home use only.
- In English with optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH).
- Except the dying
- Poor Tom is cold
- Under the dragon's tail.
Publisher or Distributor Number: AMP-2290Link to PAC