Summer on Blossom Street
Upbeat cancer survivor Lydia Goetz and her sister, Margaret, start a "Knit to Quit" group in their Blossom Street yarn store in Seattle, bringing in an assortment of customers for weekly self-help sessions. It's for people who want to quit something -- or someone! and start a new phase of their lives. The group includes a local baker who wants a baby as much as Lydia does, a chocolate magnate who needs a way to deal with the stresses of running his family business, and a young woman who is trying to get over a broken engagement.
79 available of 82 items
- Cancer -- Patients -- Fiction.
- Female friendship -- Fiction.
- Friendship -- Fiction.
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction.
- Knitters (Persons) -- Fiction.
- Knitting -- Fiction.
- Seattle (Wash.) -- Fiction.
- Self-help groups -- Fiction.
- Self-help groups -- Washington (State) -- Seattle -- Fiction.
- 9780778327677 (pbk.)
- 0778327671 (pbk.)
Publisher, Date: Don Mills, Ont. : Mira, 2009.
Description: 361 p.
Notes: Includes a knitting pattern for a cable sampler scarf, Bev Galeskas/Fiber Trends, Inc. (p. [6-11].)Link to PAC