The mountain story
Restricted DAISY Zip (CELA)
On his 18th birthday, Wolf Truly takes the tramway to the top of the mountain that looms over Palm Springs, intending to jump to his death. Instead he encounters strangers wandering in the mountain wilderness, three women who will change the course of his life. Through a series of missteps he and the women wind up stranded, in view of the city below, but without a way down. They endure five days in freezing temperatures without food or water or shelter, and somehow find the courage to carry on. Wolf, now a grown man, has never told his son, or anyone, what happened on the mountain during those five days, but he can't put it off any longer. And in telling the story, he at last explores the nature of the ties that bind and the sacrifices people will make for love. Bestseller. 2015.
- 10570 Bestsellers (Fiction) Succès de librairie (romans)
- 10599 Canadian authors (Fiction) Auteurs canadiens (romans)
- 11500 General fiction Littérature générale (romans)
Other Authors: Centre for Equitable Library Access (Canada)
Edition: Computer data (1 file : 140 MB).
- (10 hrs., 8 min.) : sound.
- digital Digital recording
- Restricted to use by people with documented print impairment.
- Stephen Pineo.
- Audio and text.
- Toronto : Knopf Canada, 2015. 384 pages : 9780345809025
- Search and access by headings and pages.
- DAISY 2.02 standard; MP3 compression at 32 kbps.
- Studio original.
- YA001 vi sx mr
- 20160115 Y 200
- ALL CAN
- Complete 20160115 10:08:12 Print