DAISY Sound Recording
When Stella, a young M�tis mother, looks out her window one evening and spots someone in trouble on the Break - a barren field on an isolated strip of land outside her house - she calls the police to alert them to a possible crime. In a series of shifting narratives, people who are connected, both directly and indirectly, with the victim - police, family, and friends - tell their personal stories leading up to that fateful night. Lou, a social worker, grapples with the departure of her live-in boyfriend. Cheryl, an artist, mourns the premature death of her sister Rain. Paulina, a single mother, struggles to trust her new partner. Phoenix, a homeless teenager, is released from a youth detention centre. Officer Scott, a M�tis policeman, feels caught between two worlds as he patrols the city. Bestseller. Canada Reads 2017. 2016.
0 available of 0 items
- 10570 Bestsellers (Fiction) Succ�s de librairie (romans)
- 10599 Canadian authors (Fiction) Auteurs canadiens (romans)
- 16000 Native peoples fiction Autochtones (romans)
- 16200 -- Native peoples of Canada fiction -- Autochtones du Canada (romans)
Edition: Computer data (90 files : 160 MB).
Publisher, Date: Toronto : CNIB, 2017.
Description: 1 computer laser optical disc (11 hrs., 38 min.) : sd. ; 12 cm.
- Audio and text.
- Toronto : House of Anansi Press, 2016. 362 pages : 9781487001117
- Search and access by headings and pages.
- DAISY 2.02 standard; MP3 compression at 32 kbps.
- Studio original.
- YA001 vi fr sx sl
- 20170224 Y 200
- ALL CAN
- Complete 20170224 11:38:44 Print