I, Daniel Blake
Daniel Blake, 59, has worked as a joiner most of his life in Newcastle. Now, after a heart attack and nearly falling from a scaffold, he needs help from the State for the first time in his life. he crosses paths with a single mother, Katie, and her two young children, Daisy and Dylan. Katie's only chance to escape a one-roomed homeless hostel in London has been to accept a flat in a city she doesn't know some 300 miles away. Daniel and Katie find themselves in no-man's land caught on the barbed wire of welfare bureaucracy as played out against the rhetoric of "striver and skiver" in modern day Britain.
16 available of 21 items
- Great Britain. Department for Work and Pensions -- Fiction.
- Myocardial infarction -- Patients -- Fiction.
- Public welfare -- England -- Fiction.
- Single mothers -- England -- Fiction.
- Working class -- England -- Fiction.
Genre: Feature films.
- Johns, Dave, actor.
- Laverty, Paul. I, Daniel Blake.
- Loach, Ken, 1936- film director.
- Mongrel Media, film distributor.
- Morris, Jonathan, editor of moving image work.
- O'Brien, Rebecca, film producer.
- Percy, Sharon, actor.
- Ryan, Robbie, director of photography.
- Squires, Hayley, actor.
- Wilson, Linda, production designer.
- 1 videodisc (100 minutes) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 inches
- digital optical surround Dolby Digital 5.1
- video file DVD video region 1
Target Audience Note: Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A.
- Title from container.
- Dave Johns, Hayley Squires, Sharon Percy.
- DVD ; widescreen presentation ; Dolby Digital 5.1.
- For private home use only.
- Audio tracks and subtitles in English and French.
Publisher or Distributor Number: