Flight or fright : 17 turbulent tales
"An anthology about all the things that can go horribly wrong when suspended six miles in the air, hurtling through space at more than 500 mph and sealed up in a metal tube with hundreds of strangers. All the ways a trip into the friendly skies can turn into a nightmare, including some never thought of before. Featuring brand new stories by Joe Hill and Stephen King, as well as fourteen classic tales and one poem from the likes of Richard Matheson, Ray Bradbury, Roald Dahl, and Dan Simmons"-- Provided by publisher.
2 available of 6 items
- Air travel -- Fiction.
- Airplane occupants -- Fiction.
- Airplanes -- Fiction.
- Flight -- Fiction.
- Transcontinental flights -- Fiction.
- Bierce, Ambrose, 1842-1914?. Flying machine.
- Bissell, Tom, 1974- Fifth category.
- Bradbury, Ray, 1920-2012. Flying machine.
- Dahl, Roald. They shall not grow old.
- Dickey, James. Falling.
- Doyle, Arthur Conan, 1859-1930. Horror of the heights.
- Goodfellow, Cody. Diablitos.
- Hill, Joe. You are released.
- King, Stephen, 1947- Turbulence expert.
- King, Stephen, 1947- editor.
- Lewis, E. Michael, 1972- Cargo.
- Matheson, Richard, 1926-2013. Nightmare at 20,000 feet.
- Schow, David J. Warbirds.
- Simmons, Dan, 1948- Two minutes forty-five seconds.
- Tremayne, Peter. Murder in the air.
- Tubb, E. C. Lucifer!
- Varley, John, 1947 August 9- Air raid.
- Vincent, Bev, editor.
- Vincent, Bev. Zombies on a plane.
Description: 332 pages ; 24 cm
Other Title: Seventeen turbulent tales
Notes: Subtitle from jacket.
- Introduction / Stephen King
- Cargo / E. Michael Lewis
- The horror of the heights / Arthur Conan Doyle
- Nightmare at 20,000 feet / Richard Matheson
- The flying machine / Ambrose Bierce
- Lucifer! / E.C. Tubb
- The fifth category / Tom Bissell
- Two minutes forty-five seconds / Dan Simmons
- Diablitos / Cody Goodfellow
- Air raid / John Varley
- You are released / Joe Hill
- Warbirds / David J. Schow
- The flying machine / Ray Bradbury
- Zombies on a plane / Bev Vincent
- They shall not grow old / Roald Dahl
- Murder in the air / Peter Tremayne
- The turbulance expert / Stephen King
- Falling / James Dickey
- Afterword: an important message from the flight deck / Bev Vincent.
LCCN: 2018146213Link to PAC