As further evidence of his family's bad fortune which they attribute to a curse on a distant relative, Stanley Yelnats is sent to a hellish correctional camp in the Texas desert where he finds his first real friend, a treasure, and a new sense of himself.
161 available of 181 items
Series: Sachar, Louis, 1954- Holes
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction.
- Homeless persons -- Juvenile fiction.
- Juvenile delinquency -- Juvenile fiction.
- Treasure troves -- Juvenile fiction.
Publisher, Date: New York : Dell Laurel-Leaf, , c1998.
Description: 231, 8 p. ; 18 cm.
Target Audience Note: "RL: 4.5"--T.p. verso.
- Publisher, pagination and printing dates may vary.
- Originally published: New York : Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 1998.
- Includes a reading group questions for discussion.
- Includes Internet addresses.
- LSC 8.99
- Newbery Medal Award Winner