Dragonwriter : a tribute to Anne McCaffrey and Pern
"Science fiction Grand Master Anne McCaffrey and her work, particularly her Dragonriders of Pern series, are beloved by generations of readers. She was one of the first science fiction writers to appear on the New York Times bestseller list, the first woman to win the Hugo and Nebula Awards, and an inductee to the Science Fiction Hall of Fame. Her death in November 2011 was met with an outpouring of grief and memories from those whose lives her stories had touched. Edited by her son Todd, Dragonwriter collects McCaffrey's friends, fans, and professional admirers to remember and pay tribute to the pioneering science fiction author, from the way her love of music and horses influenced her work to her redefinition of the SF genre"-- Provided by publisher.
0 available of 1 items
- McCaffrey, Anne -- Appreciation.
- McCaffrey, Anne -- Influence.
- Science fiction, American -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
- Women and literature -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- McCaffrey, Anne, honouree.
- McCaffrey, Todd, 1956- editor of compilation.
- Wilson, Leah, editor of compilation.
Description: ix, 275 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates : color illustrations ; 21 cm
- Introduction / Todd McCaffrey
- Anne McCaffrey, believer in us / David Brin
- Why are you reading this stupid shirt? / Sharon Lee and Steve Miller
- Star power / John Goodwin
- How the Dragonlady saved my life / David Gerrold
- Bookends / Robert Neilson
- Lessons from Lessa / Elizabeth Moon
- Flying in new directions / Robin Roberts
- Modeling the writer's life / Lois McMaster Bujold
- AII the weyrs of Pern / Wen Spencer
- The McCaffrey effect / Jody Lynn Nye and Bill Fawcett
- The ships that were / Mercedes Lackey
- The Dragonlady's songs / Elizabeth Ann Scarborough
- Religion on Pern? / Richard J. Woods
- Annie and horses / Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
- Picturing Pern / Michael Whelan
- Red star rising / Alec Johnson
- Changes without notice / Angelina Adams
- The twithead with the dragon tattoo / Charlotte Moore
- The Masterharper is gone / Janis Ian
- Universal Mum / Georgeanne Kennedy.
LCCN: 2013018670Link to PAC