About the Book
Little Mouse loves strawberries, but so does the big hungry bear. . . How will Little Mouse stop the bear from eating his freshly picked, red ripe strawberry? This classic story is beloved for its humor, expressive illustrations, and surprise ending—pure read-aloud fun! Borrow the book from the library catalogue here.
Game: Activity Dice
- Roll the dice and do what it says! Will you stomp like a bear, or scurry like a mouse? Great way to have some fun with your child and work on their motor skills.
Craft: Disguise the Strawberry
- In the book, the little mouse puts a funny disguise on his strawberry. Now it's your turn! Use whatever materials you like to disguise your strawberry. Colour, paint, use scraps of fabric or stickers. The more creative the better!
Snack: Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- The little mouse would agree that strawberries are delicious! Try this easy-to-follow visual recipe with your child.
- Act out your own story with homemade mouse, strawberry, and bear puppets!
Rhyme: Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear
- This is a great rhyme to share with your child before bed. It can also double as a colouring page!
Craft: What is Missing?
- Can you see what this strawberry is missing? Use crayons, markers, or paint to fix it!