Starting June 15th, you can place holds online for pick-up at your local library branch! We are also accepting returns through the book drops.
To Place a Hold
Using the Palliser website:
1. Use the search bar at the top of this website or the Browse tab to find books, music, movies, and more.
2. Click VIEW HOLDINGS to see which libraries have an available copy.
3. Click PLACE HOLD to place a hold on the item.
4. You will be asked to enter your library card number and PIN, as well as your preferred pick-up location. (Click here to register for a free library card)
Using the SILS app:
1. Download the SILS app to your mobile device.
2. Log in with your library card and PIN number.
3. Search for and select the item
4. Choose your preferred pick-up location. (To register for a library card, click here.)
Click here for a step-by-step tutorial on placing a hold.
Picking Up Your Hold
When your item arrives at your local library, you will receive an automated notification from the library system. You may now contact the library (or wait until your librarian contacts you) to schedule a curbside pick-up appointment.
To learn more about how to place a hold for Library Takeout, check out the free tutorial in the Palliser Digital Academy.